As a first step to achieve the goal for Re-schooling the School Dropouts among from the Tribal communities we started Residential School in 2002. The location of the school is in the Manathavadi-Kuttioyadi main road and a walk of 700 mtrs upwards through a soled road on a hillock area with dense forest on all sides with no basic amenities. We depends for each and everything with the town Mananthawadi which lays about 30 k.m from this site.
The School is now in its 8th year of struggle for existence. Now there are 205 students studying in class I to X. The curriculum up to VIII class is of Education Board Kerala and medium of teaching is Malayalam. The IX & X class students are taught as per the books generated by NIOS for secondary examination. There are 31 students registered with National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), HRD Ministry, New Delhi, for appearing in the secondary level exam in 2017-18. Apart from academic education we impart job oriented classes for nearly hundred selected students. All the students are inmates of the hostel and they are provided with shelter, food, clothing, Medicare and study materials absolutely free.
- 14 Teachers for attending Primary/secondary classes and they are fully qualified according to the criteria prescribed by Government.
- 3 Trade Instructors for giving training the job oriented trades.
- 1 Accountant to deal with Account matters
- 3 Cooks for preparing food to the inmates of the School
- 1 Ayah (Female maid) to look after between the age group 5-8
- 1 Administration manager for over all supervision
- 2 Cleaning staff handling all cleaning works.
- 2 Warden - Male-1, Female-1
- Yoga teacher -1
- School building 11 class rooms
- Girl’s & Boy's Hostel
- Community Hall
- Kitchen & Dining Hall
- Toilet block 10 bath room & toilets in 2 storied building
- Skill Development Workshop
Our plans are:
- Provide education to all the inmates up to Secondary level
- Impart vocational training so that they are equipped with significant skills.
- Make them a true awareness of the plight of their communities of their distinct ethos and of their enlightened roll in the process of bringing about a qualitative transformation
- To improve level of integration with mainstream social movements.
- To acquire skills which help them with new opportunities with better income which in turn enhance their status in family and society.
- Focused job oriented training in Tailoring, Embroidery/Fashion making, Plumbing & Wireman.
- Training in Bamboo Crafting
- Support to start independent self employment units to make a livelihood.
- Improve communication skills in English & Hindi
- To enhance their lifestyle through Yoga & Meditation
Delegation of powers, division of responsibilities and specific nature of rolls are broadly spelt out in the Trust deed. The mission, vision, objective and strategies are defined in the deed.
The principal Trustees i.e., The Chairman, The Secretary and the Treasurer have on their shoulders the vital responsibility of running and sustaining the school and activities related there to. They take care of fulfilling the basic requirements of raising money for recurring expenditure and also finding prospective donors for developing infrastructural projects. The Trust deed is unequivocal in stating that the ownership of all assets and properties acquired by the Trust absolutely vests with the Trust.
Following are future plans proposed to be implemented with in a period of 5 years there by enlightening the image of our Residential Tribal School among public.
- Enroll maximum 400 students with in short period
- Upgrade the school to the level of Higher secondary
- Minimize the number of dropouts periodically
- Equip the students professionally by imparting training in carpentry/Motor driving.
- Preserve the traditional arts of the students hailing from a distinct tribal cultural mooring by forming a separate academy.
- Introduce a separate system of treatment by using traditional tribal medicineswith available medicinal plants in the forest and simultaneously teach our students.
- Open separate unts for Music, Arts and Sports to promote children who are talented in their respective fields.
- Install Solar Power Plants (40 KWA)
- Built a compound wall around the 3.5 Acres of school area.
- Pave interlocking in the courtyards of every building.
- Procure 5 Acres of land for Diary Farming, Organic Vegetables and Paddy Farming for developing an awareness on different farming techniques
- To acquire 1 acre of adjascent land for playground
- To construct a building with 6 rooms to accomodate classrooms, boarding, lab and library
Time Bound Requirements
- Power Laundry
- Furniture for Dining Hall
- Space for Library & Class Room
- Grinder, Vegitable Cutting Machine, Mixture, etc...
- Bench & Desk for Class Rooms
- Projector & Computer for Smart class rooms